Outpatient Care for Adults & Seniors
The Intensive Outpatient Program at Spring Mountain Sahara is designed for adult and senior adult patients who are experiencing behavioral or emotional difficulties, but who do not require the intense level of psychiatric care provided by inpatient or partial hospitalization programs. It can also act as a “step-down” program for those who’ve recently completed an inpatient program but still need structured care.
The Intensive Outpatient Program is designed to help those who have been experiencing persistent symptoms of depression, anxiety or other emotional problems or mood disorders that impact the ability to carry out daily activities. Common symptoms include:
- Difficulty concentrating, making routine decisions, remembering details.
- Lack of interest or pleasure in life, staying home more, wanting to be left alone.
- Changes in appetite or sleep patterns, with decreased energy level.
- Feeling irritable, depressed, anxious or overwhelmed.
- Feeling hopeless, useless, sometimes with suicidal thoughts of ending it all.
- Feeling helpless, often with more physical pain, and more help from others.
Patients, and their families, as necessary, work with a multidisciplinary team of counselors, psychiatrists, and therapists to develop coping skills to prevent relapses and promote lifelong mental wellness and self-reliance. Though each patient will have an individualized treatment plan that addresses their specific issues, they can expect a mix of individual, family and group therapy that can help improve socialization and communication and teach ways to manage stress, anxiety, anger and more. Some specific modalities include:
- Group Psychotherapy: focusing on interpersonal communication and expression of feelings
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy: focusing on changes needed in thought and behavior patterns
- Mental Health Management: focusing on health and wellness, goal setting and coping/stress management strategies
Located in a comfortable and relaxed environment, IOP provides intensive treatment among a supportive community of peers who are also going through similar issues. IOP is offered five days a week with morning and early afternoon hours available. Clients attend two to three days per week initially, gradually decreasing attendance over weeks according to their individualized treatment plan. Participants typically attend therapy in a group setting during the day and return home each afternoon, with lunch provided.
IOP FOR CO-OCCURRING SUBSTANCE ABUSE
At Spring Mountain, we treat addiction as a disease that should be cared for alongside other psychiatric and mental health issues. If you or your loved one is experiencing co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issues, we offer addiction treatment as a part of our Intensive Outpatient Program. For more detailed information about our Substance Abuse & Detox services, please click here.
Help is a Call Away
Our Admissions Specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide no-cost mental health assessments. Call us at 702-322-1919 or visit our facility to get started. You can also use our online contact form for program inquiries. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.